SELF HELP CLOSET & PANTRY OF DES PLAINES
Serving Des Plaines since 1971
We are now accepting clean, gently used fall/winter clothing for men, women and children.
We are currently in serious need of baby diapers sizes 4 & 5 only. We always need toilet paper. (Please tell your friends.)
The Pantry will also be closed Mon. and Tues. Dec. 23 & 24, 2013 AND Mon. and Tues. Dec. 30 & 31, 2013
Tips for 1st Time Donors
Watch the grocery ads for Buy One, Get One Free and give the extra things to the Pantry.
If you are donating clothes, they must be for the current season, as we have no storage space for out of season clothing. Clothes must be clean and and in good condition.
Effective May 1, 2012, the pantry is no longer accepting housewares. However, we are still accepting NEW bed pillows and clean, gently used bed linens and towels. Please donate your other housewares to The Frisbie Senior Center Resale Shop at 52 E. Northwest Hwy., the Goodwill Store at Lee and Oakton or the Salvation Army on Mt. Prospect Rd. just north of Algonquin Rd.
We are now accepting clean. gently used winter clothing for men, women and children.
NOTE: While we do accept puzzles and DVDs, we do not have storage space for stuffed animals and other toys.
In our quest to distribute healthier food, we gratefully accept donations of fresh produce.
FOOD - Please, no food items with expired dates.
We always need:
- Breakfast cereal / oatmeal
- Canned fruit, tuna, chicken, meats, vegetables
- Dry pasta items
- Sugar / flour
- Peanut butter & jelly
- Pasta sauce
- Powdered or canned milk
- Coffee/ tea/hot chocolate
- Pancake mix / Syrup
- Baby food / formula
- FRESH PRODUCE
PAPER ITEMS & TOILETRIES
- Toilet paper, please !!!!!
- Paper towels
- Facial tissue
- Diapers - baby diapers sizes 4 & 5 and adult diapers
- Toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, soap, etc.
- Dish soap and Laundry detergent
CLOTHING - must be for fall only, at this time.
We are in serious need of:
- New underwear: mens' briefs, boys' underpants, women's panties sz. 5-9, girls' panties,toddlers' underpants sz. 3-5
- New socks for children, men and women - especially white athletic socks for men
- Men's shirts, t-shirts, pants, especially jeans
- NOTE: Clothing must be clean and in good condition.
- Sheets, towels, blankets,etc. (please label with size of bedding, if possible)
NOTE: We cannot accept baby furniture, car seats, etc. due to the many recalls. We also cannot accept toys due to our limited storage space.
GIFT CARDS & CHECKS - These are used to buy groceries when our supplies get low.
POSTAGE STAMPS are ALWAYS greatly appreciated.
Drop-off hours for donations: Monday & Tuesday 9 AM - noon
Saturday 9 AM-10 AM
All contributions are tax deductible. A receipt will be provided upon request. Be sure to sign in with your name and compete address so we can send a thank you letter.
Like us on facebook - Self-Help Closet & Pantry of Des Plaines
Hunger Knows No Season
The SHC&P website was created and is updated frequently by Holly Wilson.