Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 12:40PM
- · Tony Cimbalo and other patrons of The Bar in Des Plaines who donated food and cash from a special event on Nov. 11.
- · Home Warranty of America for their donations of food and gift cards.
- · Walgreen's, whose three Des Plaines locations housed Red Barrels for a fall food collection.
- · Local churches such St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church, the Bridge Community Church, St. Stephen's Catholic Church, First Congregational, Trinity Lutheran, St. Martin’s Episcopal and several others for going above and beyond with their holiday donations.
- · The Des Plaines Chamber of Commerce for promoting food collections for the pantry at the December "Winter Wonderland" event at the Frisbie Senior Center and at the annual holiday luncheon.
- · Bishop Plumbing for providing turkey dinner donations during the holidays.
- · Our neighbors at Juno Lighting for their year-round support through food and financial donations.
- · The Daily Herald for its employee holiday food drive in the newspaper's Arlington Heights office.
- · The daughter of longtime pantry volunteers Richard and Betty Limp who makes donations in her parents' honor.
- · Des Plaines Elks Lodge 1526 for their year-round support of food, funds and clothing.
- · The Des Plaines Kiwanis, Optimist, and Rotary Clubs for their loyal support.
- · The Emergency Nurses Association for their food drive efforts.
- · The American Society of Safety Engineers and the Lattof YMCA for being very productive Red Barrel sites!
- · Abbott Molecular for hosting a hugely successful holiday food drive!
- · Omnicare Pharmacy, General Cable, Integrity Payment Systems, PCI, ITW and SRDS for their donations of food and clothing.
- · North School and Terrace School for thier very successful holiday food drives. Forest School for their many Market Day donations.
- · Creative Corners Preschool and Kiddie Junction for their holiday food collections.
- · Rivers Casino for their very successful employees’ food drive.
- · Gas Technology Institute (GTI) for donating the cash proceeds from their “in-house” garden which yields wonderful produce for their employees to buy.
- · Jewel-Osco at Lee & Oakton for a $1200 shopping spree for Pantry necessities
- · The Produce Angel who donates lots of fresh fruits and veggies for our clients twice a week (Thanks, G.S.!)
- · And we are continually grateful to Panera Bread, Dominick's, Aunt Millie's Outlet and Jimmy John's for the donations of the wonderful baked goods we distribute to our clients every Tuesday and Saturday.